P.S. 32 Elementary School Librarian Adam Marcus is throwing a Roald Dahl celebration.
Saturday, Sept. 13
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The wonderful little library at P.S. 32 Elementary School, on Hoyt between Union and President streets, is the recipient of a Roald Dahl Charlie and the Chocolate Factory grant. There will be a big party Saturday morning to celebrate! The library at P.S. 32 is truly remarkable, and you can read more here.
With this grant, P.S. 32 received multiple copies of all of Roald Dahl’s books, a giant Charlie and the Chocolate Factory bean-bag chair, and a party sponsored by First Book and Penguin Publishing and Hay Rosie ice cream. All students, staff, and guest are encouraged to come as their favorite character from Roald Dahl’s books (costumes are not mandatory).
NYCDOE Chancellor, Carmen Farina will be there along with local politicians.
Events will include:
• Roald Dahl book-cover concentration game
• Karaoke: Willy Wonka Charlie and the chocolate factory
• Gobblefunk Poetry creation: “Gobblefunk” is Roald Dahl’s own language. The words are found across his literature and explain meaning when Dahl’s dreamworld transcends normal adjectives.
• Illustrating Scenes from his books as they are read aloud
• Tricks and Sweets
• Revolting Recipe Creation
• Reading Room: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Audiobook by Roald Dahl read by Eric Idle
• Viewing Room: Have screenings of different movies
• Oompa Loompa Songwriting
• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trivia
• Speed Meeting the Character
• Reader’s Theater (We have 5 books of his written as plays)
• Costume Making
There will be food and prizes